The College of Hairdressing, Connaught has been established since 1992 running from a training salon in Galway as well as training centres in Shannon and Ballina. The College offers Hairdressing courses to cater for all levels from beginners to Senior Stylists and Salon owners who want to keep their skills up to date. Our modern dedicated training unit provides an excellent environment for students to develop their hairdressing skills within a working salon environment. The College is pleased to announce that it is now a QQI Level 5 registered Centre and is offering Minor and Major QQI Level 5 Awards.
The College Principal and Managing Director, Josephine Cribbin, a native of Mayo, opened the College of Hairdressing in 1992. She has acted as external verifier for City & Guilds and has edited the “Irish Hair and Beauty Journal”. In order to provide excellent service and education she has trained her tutors to ensure that those pursuing a career in hairdressing are equipped with the hairdressing skills to enter a salon at junior stylist level. The hairdressing school’s highly motivated Tutors are all qualified to National Vocational Assessor Award standard and regularly update their skills through ongoing courses.
Why Choose CHC?
- The College was established in 1992 by Managing Director Josephine Cribbin who has over 25 years experience in the Hairdressing Industry.
- CHC has a dedicated Training Salon solely for the purposes of training the students.
- Students complete the ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing programme where standards are set by ITEC.
- The ITEC Level 2 Diploma requires students to complete all assessments on paying clients ensuring candidates can competently deliver Hairdressing services in their chosen salon.
- ITEC qualifications are recognised worldwide and will help you wherever you choose to work.
- The college has received the prestigious ‘Hairdressing School of the Year Award
- All Assessors complete the Level 3 award in assessing candidates from Southwest College.
- Over 2000 clients frequent the salon on a regular basis providing the students with a regular clientele.
- Students complete two periods of work experience at a salon of their choice over the 12 month period.
- The College is conveniently located on Forster Street beside Eyre Square in Galway City and beside the CIE train and bus stations.
- We encourage our students to meet their full potential through personal attention, technical training and leadership.
- Over 90% of our students achieve employment in the hairdressing industry in Ireland and abroad.
- With ITEC qualifications our students will have several opportunities available to them such as opening their own business, managing a salon or travelling abroad.